I'm told that my copy of Neverwinter Nights 2 will arrive on my doorstep sometime this afternoon. I haven't been talking much about this game, though I've been quietly anticipating its release. I got a few minutes with it earlier this year at E3, and though my experience was too short, and with too early a product to form a permanant opinion, I've had my hopes.
Not so much for the single-player campaign, though I've been told it's made a marked improvement over the original. My primary interest is in what enjoyment any sort of multiplayer or co-op can offer. Unfortunately I haven't found much that really details what's available in this arena. Most people are just talking about the single-player. I'll have to wait and check out the game for myself later on today.
I have my fingers crossed that the game will be embraced by the mod community, in a way similar to Vampire: The Masquerade and the original NWN. I had some good times in those online communities, and it would be nice to see more of the same from NWN2.
Don't forget we're holding a Ryzom GameDay this Saturday. We're all going to start out at level one, and goof off for a few hours. Maybe level up, maybe play some games like relay races, scavenger hunts, I dunno. Maybe find a large body of water and try to drown ourselves en masse, as seems to be our MMO GameDay tradition. I haven't decided what race I'll choose for the GameDay, but I can tell you right now that I'll give the cold shoulder to any Trykers. They the most godawful monkey-childred I've ever seen, and they freak me out. Anyway, it should be fun, and I'm giving away codes to unlock the full game for a month, for free. Check the post below this one.
Alwayssummer DaysWednesday, November 1, 2006 | 01:33 PM | by
Ryzom Screenshot ContestWednesday, November 1, 2006 | 01:40 PM | by
Nevrax, the makers of Ryzom, are advertising with us this month, and they've given me a bunch of full-access, one-month trial keys to do with as I please. So I'm having a little contest to give the keys away.
So here are the basic rules:
screenshot must be show Ryzom or Ryzom ring material. You can find one
online to use, or snap a screenshot in-gam.
- Photoshop or image editing IS allowed. You can add
effects, word balloons, captions, cut and paste characters from other
- Screenshots will be judged by me alone, based on a variety of factors such as originality, creativity, humor, skill and the purposefully vague "cool factor".
- Screenshots should be no larger than 1600x1200
- Submissions should be sent to cad.contest (at) gmail.com, and you MUST write the category you are submitting to in the subject line.
- All entries must be received by 12pm (noon) EST on Friday, November 3rd. I will try
to have the winners notified by Friday evening, in time for the GameDay
- Any entries not following these guidelines will be burned and urinated upon.
- Comedy: Pretty
straightforward- make me laugh. Either just a visually funny
screenshot, or funny through dialogue, captions, or other creative
- Action: A screenshot that shows some sort of awesome action. A fight, a pose, something. Humor is, as always, welcome, but the core element of the screenshot should be something action-y.
- Photochopped: The best use of image editing. Be it combining elements of screenshots, adding effects, or whatever. The most skillful use of editing wins here.
- Dramatic: The most dramatic pose, most dramatic lighting, most dramatic scenery, dialogue, etc.
- Ring Use: Coolest use of the Ryzom Ring editor.
The GameDay will be from 5pm EST - 8pm EST. More details in the official thread.