Got a great idea for a Monster Hunter Tri related comic strip? Want to see it brought to life and win some awesome Monster Hunter swag in the process? All you have to do is send your script for a 3-panel Monster Hunter comic to cad.contest (at) gmail.com by 11:59pm EST on June 10th 2010.
If your script is chosen as the best of the best, Tim Buckley of Ctrl+Alt+Del will draw your comic and post it on the website, and you'll receive the following grand prize pack courtesy of Capcom!
- One (1) Signed copy of Capcom’s “Monster Hunter Tri” video game (signed by the Director and Producer of the video game)
- One (1) Monster Hunter Tri Hunting Weapons Collection
- One (1) Monster Hunter Tri Wii and Wii remote skins
- One (1) Monster Hunter Tri Plushies set (set includes "Airu warrior", "Airu Farm", "Cha Cha" and a storage bag)
- One (1) large Monster Hunter Tri Poogie plush
- Scripts containing nudity or illegal activity will not be considered for the Grand Prize. At the discretion of Ctrl+Alt+Del Productions, questionable language may be "bleeped" in comic book style.
- Only the first entry per person will be considered for the Grand Prize. Please include a valid email address with all entries.
- Scripts must be written for no more than three panels (though you can use fewer panels).
- Script entries must be related to Capcom’s Monster Hunter video game series. They may take place in-game, or may include real-world characters referencing the Monster Hunter video game.
For ease of sorting and reading the contest entries, scripts must be submitted in the following format for each panel:
Panel 1 - A brief description of what is taking place in the panel, including setting, characters, actions, expressions... anything you feel that the artist needs to know to bring your idea to the page.
- 'Character one' - Dialogue formatted on a new line per character
- 'Character two' - Dialogue goes here
Panel 2 - Etc, etc
Terms and Conditions
- HOW TO ENTER: Starting June 2, 2010 through June 10, 2010, you can enter this Contest (the "Contest") by submitting an email to cad.contest (at) gmail.com with your script entry in proper format. Entries must be received no later than 11:59pm EST June 10, 2010. You can enter the Contest as many times as you like, however only the 1st entry from each email address will be considered for a prize. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
- REQUIREMENTS: No purchase is necessary to win. In order to be eligible for the prize, you must 1) submit an entry via email to cad.contest (at) gmail.com; 2) agree to the Terms and Conditions listed here, 3) submit your entry before 11:59pm EST June 10, 2010.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: Ctrl+Alt+Del Productions shall select the winner based on its selection criteria of the best comic script. Ctrl+Alt+Del Productions shall have sole discretion to select the winner based on its judgment alone, and such judgment shall be the sole determining factor in selecting the winner
- The Contest is open to all eligible residents of the United States (excluding Rhode Island, Vermont, and Puerto Rico), Canada (excluding Quebec), the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. This promotion is void in all other countries and also is void where prohibited by law. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and all decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding on all entrants in all matters relating to this Contest. This Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- Entrants must be at least 13 years of age. If a winner is a minor, the prize will be awarded in the name of the winner's parent or legal guardian, who is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, and that winner must also provide a signed parental or guardian consent form within 7 days of notification attempt. Failure of the minor to provide a parental consent form will result in the forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner.
- The winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/prize acceptance within seven days of receipt; failure to do so upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. By acceptance of the prize, the winners agree to the use of their name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Winners are responsible for paying any income taxes on the value of the prize received.
- CONSENT TO USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest electronically and voluntarily providing personal information, entrants consent and agree to the collection and use of the entrant's information for the administration of this Contest.
- DISCLAIMER: By entering the Contest, you (and, if you are a minor, your parents or legal guardians) release Ctrl+Alt+Del Productions, Capcom Entertainment, Inc., and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Ctrl+Alt+Del Productions cannot be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries, nor shall it be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner.
- MORE INFORMATION: For more information or questions, please contact the Sponsor of this Contest, tim (at) cad-comic.com